I first thought of baking this when I stepped into a little indie cafe in London with my friend, Charm.
I ordered a green tea tart with white chocolate flakes, and I have never looked back since.
- 24 cupcake papers or 1/2 sheet pan / 350 degree oven
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons matcha tea
- Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds.
- Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs/egg yolks one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add to batter and mix to combine.
- Mix matcha in with the milk. Add to the batter and mix until combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared into cupcake papers.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean.
Have a freshly-baked Monday!