This week’s cupcakes were banoffee (sadly excluding the coffee part…)
I found the recipe here, although I must say that I was disappointed that they sunk, no matter how careful I was with them. Nevertheless, it turned out to be a blessing because the sponge became denser and a little bit more like a pie(?).
- Self-raising white flour
- 1tsp Baking powder
- 125g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 125g Butter (unsalted) softened
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Banana(s) over ripe and mashed
- 50g Fudge pieces
- Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius
- Whisk eggs and sugar together, until pale yellow
- Sift flour and baking powder, and add this into the bowl, together with the softened butter
- Add in the fudge pieces and mashed bananas
- Spoon batter into the cupcake cases
- Put in oven for about 15 to 18 minutes.
- When the cupcakes have cooled, add a dollop of caramel on it. Pipe the fresh cream and decorate with fudge pieces
Have a freshly-baked Monday!