Yes, I lied, it’s not a Monday…
But I had to bake this for a church event for tomorrow, and I didn’t have the time to bake twice tomorrow.
Here’s the basic recipe: http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2014/04/30/chewy-fudgy-homemade-brownies/ As usual, I made some amendments to it (found below).
This brownie is EXTREMELY CHOCOLATEY AND EXTREMELY FUDGEY. One of the best I’ve ever tried ❤ Very moist, very rich, very chewy.
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter*
- 150g coarsely chopped quality semi-sweet chocolate
- 75g sea salt dark chocolate
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons (80g) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons (11g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) dark chocolate chips
- Melt the butter and chopped chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to slightly cool for 10 minutes.
- Adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9×9 inch square baking pan* with aluminum foil, leaving an overhand on all sides. Set aside.
- Whisk the granulated and brown sugars into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 33-35 minutes or until the brownies begin to pull away from the edges of the pan. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out with only a few moist crumbs when the brownies are done.
- Remove, add marshmallows and then put brownie back in the oven for another three minutes. Make sure to significantly reduce oven temperature so that you ‘grill’ those marshymallows!
Geared up for another freshly-baked Monday?
Well stay tuned for tomorrow’s post!