Banana cupcakes with honey cinnamon frosting
(This chocolate star doesn’t seem very happy with Christmas… Shame!)
For the sponge:
- 150g Self-raising white flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 125g Unrefined golden caster sugar
- 125g Butter (unsalted)softened
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Banana(s)
For the icing:
- 1 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (11.325g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4
- Whisk eggs and sugar until pale yellow
- Add in sifted flour and baking powder
- Add the butter and mashed banana, and whisk until smooth
- Put batter into cupcake liners and bake for 17 minutes
- For the frosting, simply whisk everything together. Add 1/2 tsp of milk if you want it to be smoother
- When cupcakes are cool, pipe the frosting on top!
And I got some of my friends to help me pipe the frosting! Tis the season to be jolly!!!
And this is what I did with leftover icing 🙂 Needless to say, this chocolate star wasn’t happy either with such little frosting…
Have a freshly-baked Monday!