Having alcohol in the new year without getting drunk 😛
Baileys chocolate cupcakes with Baileys and cinnamon buttercream frosting – and chocolate reindeer antlers
I found the recipe here!
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 12-cup mini muffin pan with baking cups. Whisk together boiling water and cocoa, then cool completely. Whisk in Baileys.
- Beat sugar, butter, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl at medium speed until well blended (about 3 minutes). Add eggs and beat well. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Add half of flour mixture to sugar mixture and beat until just combined. Add cocoa mixture, then finish with remaining flour mixture.
- Fill each baking cup with a slightly rounded tablespoon of batter, to about 1/4 inch below the top of the liner. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To make buttercream, beat butter, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed to low; add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add Baileys and beat on medium speed until airy.
My mother insisted that the reindeers have eyes and noses…
And I had a little partner in crime!
Overall, the texture was good but there was only a whiff of Baileys in them. Could do with more!