Starting the new school term with Oreos!
I got this recipe from Cupcake Jemma. She’s one of my favourite youtubers and I can’t stop watching her videos! This is her recipe:
- 85g Self Raising Flour
- 25g Malt Powder (I used instant 3-in-1 Milo powder)
- 15g Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 135g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp of Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Packets of Oreo Cookies
200g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
450g Icing Sugar
3 tbsp Whole Milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Packet of Oreo Cookies (crumbed)
- Sieve together flour, milo powder, cocoa powder, bicarb, salt and sugar in your mixing bowl.
- Add butter and eggs and mix on a medium speed.
- Once well combined add your milk and vanilla extract and mix for a further minute.
- Place one whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each cupcake case then fill the cupcake case 3/4 way full with your mixture (about a heaped tablespoon).
- Place in the oven to bake for about 22-24 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack while you make your frosting.
- For the icing, start by placing your butter in your mixer and beat until the butter is pale and fluffy.
- Add in icing sugar and mix until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Fold in your Oreo Crumbs.
- Put icing into piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
I decided to top the cupcakes with this chocolate biscuit that I got from Newcastle chinatown but I’m pretty sure there’s an English version of this somewhere in Tesco. Didn’t want to add another oreo because there was already an oreo surprise inside the cupcake…