Red wine red velvet with cream cheese frosting
I got this idea from a link that a friend shared with me and I thought it was a lovely idea!
The cupcake was really, really moist, and the wine lingered but didn’t overpower! Pretty good! However, the downside is that the combination of dark red and cocoa powder is that it is not-so-red-on-the-verge-of-brown…
Starting February off with a bit of red wine 🙂 This is the third cupcake of my Boozybakes series! It is also a creative valentine’s day creation. For those who are celebrating, it’s an interesting gift to your batter half. For those are celebrating the alternative Happy Singles Day, it’s an amazing gift to give yourself without having to give it away to anyone! 😀
As you can see, I couldn’t decide which frosting design to do, so I do all! My Wilton 2D is amazing – seriously, Wilton is my boyfriend.
This recipe was inspired by Stefano Faita. Makes 20 cupcakes.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and oil together until smooth. Add red wine and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Using 2 spoons or an ice cream scoop, fill each prepared muffin cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.