Chocolate hazelnut cupcakes with nutella frosting – chocorella overload!!!
What’s the bunny digging for? 😛 (scroll to end for answer)
These were super fun to make, but a little exhausting. I literally made these bunny butts while watching tv last night – a whole hour!
Can you guess what the bunny is digging for…? 😛
INGREDIENTS (makes 15-20 cupcakes)
For the cupcakes:
- 180g self-raising flour
- 40g cocoa powder
- 50g chopped hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 280g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 240ml whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting:
- 250g softened butter
- 450g icing sugar
- 100g nutella
- 1 tbsp whole milk
- Preheat oven to gas mark 4
- Mix flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and chopped hazelnuts together
- In another bowl, mix oil and sugar together
- In yet another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and vanilla extract together
- Then, add the oil-sugar and wet mixture simultaneously, in batches, into the dry mixture
- Mix until smooth
- Fill cupcake cases 1/2 to 2/3 full
- Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes
- For the frosting, whisk butter until pale yellow, and light and fluffy. Add in the icing sugar, in three batches, each time whisking until fully mixed. Add in the nutella and milk, and whisk away!
Decoration tip: To make those cute arched bunny butts, allow circle-shaped fondant pieces to set firmly in cake pop silicon moulds 🙂
Answer: EASTER EGGS OF COURSE!
Have a freshly-baked Monday!