This is a full-fat but ‘time-free’ dessert!!
These lemon jokes were so cute I had to add them in!
No bake lemon cheesecake with fresh strawberries and a caramel crumble base!!
This is a recipe that I amalgated from several recipes:
- 400g Philadelphia cream cheese (DO NOT use the Tesco value soft cheese. I had a bad experience with it, mainly because it was too soft and runny)
- 200ml double cream
- 75 sifted icing sugar
- 1 unwaxed lemon
- 200g McVities caramel digestive biscuits
- 80g butter
- 6 fresh and similar sized strawberries
- Crumble the digestive biscuits. You can use a blender but I don’t have one, so I put my rolling pin (and my angst!) to good use 😛
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, making sure that the stove is on low heat and that the butter does not bubble
- When butter is melted, stir in the crumbled digestive biscuits until evenly mixed
- Pour crumble mixture into a 20-23cm baking tin and spread evenly. Use the back of your spoon to press it firmly into the base
- Refrigerate 3 hours/ overnight
- Once the crumble base is firm, use a fork to poke holes
- Grate and juice your lemon and set aside. Depending on how lemony you want your cheesecake to be, you can choose not to grate the lemon or to add less lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, whisk the double cream until it forms peaks. Be careful not to over-whisk!
- Add in the cream cheese and whisk until smooth
- Add in the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice
- Whisk altogether and set aside
- Take your strawberries and slice them vertically into half. Dry each half on a kitchen towel, and then place them on the inner circle of the cake tin. The strawberry juice will make it stick to the tin so don’t worry about them falling over
- Pour in your cheesecake mixture into the tin and spread evenly
- Tap the tin a few times and then leave to refrigerate for at least 6 hours
- (Optional) To finish off, I used the end of my spatula to make a swirl starting from the outside and ending in the middle
Also, something amazing happened on Saturday night! Mycupcakeaddiction, a famous baking Youtuber, featured my red velvet cupcakes on her instagram! ldhvaevhalvuhLHIUAERBVLAEUVBLV! :O At first, I was very shocked. I thought it was spam!
But yes, it was a wonderful feeling ^^
Ok, now back to exam revision…
Have a freshly-baked Monday!