– Can we just take a moment to absorb this? Two amazing desserts fused into one. Wow.
This recipe is inspired by Gemma Stafford, she is one of the most bubbly and talented Youtube bakers I’ve watched and I love her recipes (remember the times when you saw an amazing youtube baking video, tried out the recipe and were really disappointed? Well, you never get that with Gemma’s recipes!).
And because I literally need chocolate in everything, I’ve modified the recipe to make it more chocolatey!
For the chocolate biscuit base:
- 150g chocolate digestive biscuits
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 5g cooking milk/dark chocolate
For the cheesecake:
- 250g cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 250g double cream
- 80g icing sugar
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Sponge fingers
- 1 cup of hot coffee
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- For the base, microwave your butter and chocolate in 20 second intervals until the butter and chocolate are fully melted. Mix thoroughly with a spoon and set aside.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and then mix in your melted butter and chocolate mixture into the crushed biscuits. Add in the golden syrup and mix evenly
- Fill a 7-inch cake springform tin with this biscuit base. Spread evenly and press firmly and leave it to set in the fridge.
- While the base is in the fridge, whisk the cream cheese, mascarpone and icing sugar together until smooth
- Add in the coffee and vanilla extracts
- Whisk in your double cream until the mixture firms up
- Place half of your cheesecake mixture into the cake tin and spread evenly.
- Then, dip your sponge fingers in the coffee and place them on top of the cheesecake mixture
- Cover the sponge fingers with the other half of the cheesecake mixture
- Be careful not to leave any gaps between the layers
- Firmly tap the cake tin a few times on the table counter to prevent any air in between the mixture
- Set the cheesecake overnight. As no gelatine is used, you need to give it enough time to firm up
- To finish off, dust the top of your cheesecake with cocoa powder and line it with sponge fingers