This recipe is literally that simple! I’ve always loved the concept of avocado with chocolate – in fact, I first had this in an Indonesian drink where they mixed coffee with avocado and syrup. I really like the creamy texture combined with the richness of the coffee.
So when I saw that Tesco had done an easy recipe for this mousse, I just had to try it – and of course, make my own little adjustments!
Original recipe from Tesco Food.
Makes 1 serving
- 50g cooking chocolate
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp coffee extract
- 3 tbsp full cream milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 ripe avocado
- Microwave the chocolate or melt the chocolate over a double boil
- While the chocolate is melting, mash the avocado up until smooth. You can use a food blender, but you can also just use a fork
- When the chocolate has melted, add in the coffee extract, milk, maple syrup and cocoa powder and mix until smooth
- Add the chocolate mixture into the mashed avocado and mix until smooth
- Leave to set for 8 hours/overnight