Teh tarik is a traditional milk tea drink from Singapore and Malaysia.
Together with Kelley, we decided to bake these for our Singaporean friend’s 21st birthday today!
What’s with those little cup and saucers?
They’re actually the traditional coffee cups that people use in Singapore in coffee shops and cafes. And I thought that I could put them on top of the cupcakes for a more Singaporean theme.
– 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
– 3 eggs
– 1 cup plain flour
– 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
– pinch of salt (optional)
– 2 packs of teh tarik mix (each pack was 40g)
– 4 tablespoon of hot water
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup brown sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
– 1/3 teaspoon baking powder
Asians being asians… Taking a picture of a picture…